2002 Beneteau Oceanis 331
"Grace" has been very well maintained and upgraded since the present owners bought her in 2008. They always remove her cushions below and store properly for the winter. She has just gotten her cushions put back on and her interior readied. Please refer to the list of upgrades in the full listing. It is always a pleasure to see a boat so well taken care of. She has spent her life on the Chesapeake and is ready for the next adventure.
The Beneteau 331 has proven to be a sought after design whether this is your first boat or you are a seasoned sailor. Comfort abounds from her spacious cockpit and walk-thru transom to her comfortable salon with two private sleeping cabins. She is deceptively large both inside and out. She has the bulb keel at 5'2" depth and makes for a great club racer as well as a solid coastal cruiser. This design gives you the best of both worlds.
LocationOxford, MD, US
Boat TypeRacer and Cruiser
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length33 ft - 10.06 meter
LOA:33 ft 11 in - 10.34 meter
Beam:11 ft 4 in - 3.45 meter
Draft - max:5 ft 5 in - 1.65 meter
Horsepower:27 (Individual), 27 (combined)
Fuel Tank:18 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:48 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Holding Tank:22 gallons - 1 tank(s)
The 331 has a beautiful interior with two private staterooms. Starting forward and aft of the chain locker is the first stateroom. Here she has a V-berth with filler, shelves outboard, hanging locker, overhead hatch for excellent ventilation, as well as a sliding door for privacy.
Next is the Main salon with settee to port followed by the aft facing navigation station. To starboard is a shallow U-shaped settee that can convert to an additional double berth. Her table wraps around the Mast support post but unlike any other 331 the owner was very creative in this design. The table can move up and down the support post and locks into what ever position you may want. It can be a dining table, a berth filler or the table can be put all the way up to the ceiling and completely out of the way, opening up the salon greatly. Outboard of both settees there are wood shelves and cabinets and her interior cushions are in excellent condition and nice to see they are different than the traditional green found in most of the 331's. Just another unique feature for Grace.
Her wonderful U-shaped galley is all the way aft to port of the companionway. To starboard is a large head followed by the aft stateroom. The berth in the aft stateroom is tremendous and two people can sleep athwartships very comfortably. Here too is a hanging locker and multiple opening ports which give plenty of light and air.
Her woodwork below is warm and inviting as are her wood floors. There is plenty of ventilation from her hatches and ports. The main engine access is via the companionway steps that lead to her cockpit.
Her galley is very well equipped and offers and abundance of storage space as well as counter prep space. She has a gimbaled Force 10 2 burner stainless steel stove with oven, Adler Barbour 12V refrigeration with freezer, Microwave with Inverter, 6 gallon hot water heater, double stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water.
- 2011 Garmin GPS MAP 740
- 2011 Horizon Matrix 2100 VHF w/AIS
- Raymarine Auto Pilot ST4000
- Tridata ST 60 - depth-speed-trip
- Sony Am/Fm stereo
Electrical and Mechanical
- 110V shore power with cord
- 2011 Additional 3 breaker panel installed
- 2011 Pro Mariner ProSave FS Galvanic Isolator 30A
- 2015 New remote control for windlass
- 2015 Refrigerator compressor cleaned
- 2017 New battery charger
- 2019 House batteries will be replaced at time of launch
- Yanmar 3GH 27HP dal with 1050 hours
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life lines
- Built-in seats port and starboard on aft pulpit
- Walk-thru transom with scooped platform for ease in boarding
- Stainless steel swim ladder off transom
- Electric windlass
- Cockpit shower
- Bimini with connector to dodger
- Anchor with chain and rode
Sails and Rigging
- In mast roller furling mainsail
- 2014 Roller furling 135% head sail
2018 - Main sail - Disassembled the internal mast fuller - sent out to US SPARS to rebuild the furling drum - reinstalled and tested. Lube furler blocks, sheaves, outhaul car bearings and main halyard swivel.
2018 - Jib - Install fasteners for lower shroud cups - repaired the windex - reset halyard wrap-step and tested.
All in excellent working condition.
All her lines are led aft to the cockpit for ease in single handing. 2 - Lewmar #40 self-tailing primary winches in the cockpit. 1 - Lewmar winch on the cabin top.
Updates by year
- 2018 - Mainsail and jib furling systems all reworked and tested
- 2017 - Bottom paint - Interlux Micron SCSC black (to be done in spring 2019)
- 2017 - New battery Charger
- 2016 - Impellor changed
- 2015 - New remote control for windlass
- 2015 - Galvanic test (no problem)
- 2015 - Replaced engine intake thru hull and valve. Replaced raw water seacock mounting. Replaced all copper washers with rubber coated sealing washers. Replaced vented loop hoses with 5/8" hoses and clamps.
- 2014 - New 135% Genoa
- 2014 - mew Raymarine windex
- 2011 - New Garmin GPS MAP740
- 2011 - New Horizon Matrix 2100 VHF w/AIS
- 2011 - New Pro Mariner ProSave FS Galvanic Isolator 30A
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.