2004 Valiant 42
As you know the Valiant 42 is one of the most sought after cruising boats for a couple whether they want to sail far or just sail comfortable. We are your Valiant experts. We've owned two and we still sail a Valiant 42 in the PNW! We are pleased to present this beautiful well cared for and special 2004 Valiant 42, Snowflake!
Snowflake has been fortunate to have had a couple of rock solid owners who cared for her as she deserved to be cared for. She is well loved and well used. Snowflake is rare and special as she is the side entry layout which is the same as the proven well loved Valiant 40 layout. It is lovely, well balanced, and gives you more storage, and really awesome engine room access. It is really highly desirable.
Also very nice is that Snowflake has had the benefit of many recent upgrades from electronics and navigation to new cushions down below. She is super well loved. Her owners have totally enjoyed several seasons cruising from the gulf coast to Mexico and to the Bahamas a few times and to New England and Maine. All in all she is lightly cruised, never really lived aboard and always well cared for no matter the cost. That makes her a really great boat to buy!
- Lovely 2004 Valiant 42 Side Entry very well cared for
- Westerbeke 44 with pretty low hours!
- New Valiant arch and davit system installed in 2012
- Equipped for comfortable cruising with the Valiant hard dodger, stern arch, genset, air-conditioning, two Garmin Plotters, Raymarine Radar, Garmin Autopilot/Sailing Instruments
- Solar and Wind
- Generator installed in 2012
- Achilles 10' Inflatable with Yamaha 9.9 HP outboard 2013
- Newly inspected and packed Life Raft 2018
- All LED lights
- New batteries
- New upholstery 2019
- Beautiful cherry interior and teak and holly sole
- Everything goes....spares, tools, and some great stuff
- Did I say this is a really nice boat?
- Two folding bicycles amazingly stowed in the cockpit locker
- Two wetsuits, men's medium and women's medium
- Masks and snorkels
- Manuals for virtually all equipment on the boat
- Newly inspected and repacked life raft
Sometimes people have the dream and life gets in the way and they never do get to go and live their dream. You know, they are not building any more Valiant. (If you have one, take care of her.) If you don't have one, you should check out this boat. This is a real opportunity for you to own a really nice and special Valiant. There are serious advantages to this layout as you have better access to the engine and you have space for those folding bikes. That is reason enough to buy this special Valiant.
There is a good reason that the Valiant 42 has remained the choice for cruising couples and solo sailors. It is because they are so easy to sail single hand, or double hand as a cruising couple. The sailing characteristics of a Valiant 42 are perfect a couple as with the cutter rig providing a divided sail plan where everything is of manageable size. On deck, everything is designed and planned for safety at sea everything from the hard dodger to the solid stern rails and the winches within easy reach of the helm provides well thought out functionality that translates to comfort and safety. On Snowflake all the control lines are in the cockpit for added safety.
In addition to how the boat sails, she is also built like a tank! A very well thought out tank. The Valiant is incredibly tough, robustly built and utterly dependable, and actually totally possible for a normal human to maintain anywhere in the world.
The systems installations are top notch with everything properly engineered and installed in a way that makes it easy to maintain the boat anywhere in the world. You can actually access every single piece of the boat. Every piece, tanks, engine, everything can come out the companionway the way it came in!
The Valiant 42 interior is extremely livable. You have everything you need! You have a really great kitchen, great bedroom, perfect bathroom with a shower, an organized accessible engine room, a wonderful nautical salon, and a guest room or garage space. She's a wonderful home and the best world cruising voyager you could ever wish for.
Enjoy the full specifications and limited pictures as this lady is enroute to Annapolis as soon as the weather breaks...I mean in spring.
Don't wait! This is the perfect time to buy a Valiant 42.
Call us now and we'll talk about Snowflake with you.
LocationEnroute to Annapolis, MD, US
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length42 ft - 12.8 meter
LOA:42 ft - 12.8 meter
Beam:12 ft 9 in - 3.89 meter
Draft - max:6 ft - 1.83 meter
Bridge Clearance:57 ft 1 in - 17.4 meter
Cruise Speed:7 MPH
Max Speed:9 MPH
Fuel Tank:90 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:55 gallons - 2 tank(s)
Holding Tank:40 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Valiant has remained a prominent choice for the cruising couple since the days of the Valiant 40 back in the 80's when almost 200 Valiant 40s where sold by Valiant Yachts. The layout of the Valiant 40 just worked so perfectly! While the Valiant 42 offered a retooled deck and several different layouts the original Valiant 40 layout remained a great choice. The original side entry layout gives you a large double master cabin located aft on the port side. At the companionway on the starboard side is a wet locker and several storage lockers. Just forward of the storage locker area is the famous V42 pantry just aft of the large sit down forward facing nav station. The famous Bob Perry galley is to port adjacent the nav station. The galley will please any cookie, as it is large with great storage and ample counter space, trash bin, and incredible storage. The salon is spacious and airy with wonderful ventilation from beautiful stainless steel opening ports and overhead hatches that are large. The salon has straight settees port and starboard with a fixed drop-leaf table on the centerline and storage outboard and behind the settees. The port and starboard settees make excellent sea berths on a passage. The bonus on this commemorative vessel is the traditional pilot berth outward on the port side of the salon. It is a wonderful spot for a nap with the water running across the hull on a starboard tack or any tack for that matter. Just forward of the main bulkhead is the very large head to port. Although it is not a stall shower, it is a really nice big space. There is loads of storage and it is large enough that a large person can be comfortable in there. Adjacent the head is more locker space! The traditional V-berth cabin forward offers two nice singles or you can make a double with the insert. I just love that it is a real traditional V berth. It is lovely, wide with handsome cabinets outboard on the hull sides. It is gloriously light and well ventilated with a large open hatch above and two opening ports.
The interior is satin varnished Cherry wood that is light and bright offset with the white fiberglass verticals of the cabin house and the shining stainless steel ports. The cabin sole is teak inlaid with holly beautifully finished. The new upholstery is in perfect condition. There are beautiful reading lamps and overhead dome lights. This 2004 is one of the newest Valiant 42 available with the very best of the Valiant 40 features built into it.
- Perfect for cruising couple or small family.
- The master cabin is aft to port and it is very nice and comfy with a Froli system under the new mattress
- Owner's stateroom is aft 7' in length with a seat, a locker, drawers, and good ventilation.
- Can accommodate guests in the guest cabin forward
- Comfortable salon seats six for dinner easily
- Starboard settee makes an excellent sea berth
- Galley is large with great workspace and storage
- Valiant pantry!
- Classic forward facing Nav station to starboard
- Side entry provides massive storage to starboard and wonderful engine access specially if you are a larger sailor
- Engine room access under the companionway stairs
- Cockpit is deep and safe with bridge deck and bench seats long enough to lie down
- Valiant stainless steel work with hard dodger with zip off panels when you want a breeze
- Ample ventilation with twelve Lewmar SS opening ports and six Lewmar hatches with beautiful teak screens and two dorades
- Cabinets finished and lined with cedar
- Drawers are dove tailed and many are cedar lined
- Beautiful cherry interior with teak and bass wood sole
- Thoughtful cabin lighting with LED reading lamps
- Cabin fans
- Entertainment with Bose speakers
- AC with reverse cycle heat and 16,000 BTU Marine Air system
- Cabin heater run by the engine is awesome, built by Heater Craft
The Galley Details
The galley is one of the most important aspects of a great cruising boat and the Valiant 42 has a galley coveted by all cruisers because it has everything you need including the Valiant pantry! I have to say the side entry layout that mirrors the V40 gives you even more galley space. The U shaped galley to port has the double sinks facing aft at the bulkhead with a huge cupboard above it. The counter space inboard has three drawers below it and additional storage under the sink. There is deep dry storage outboard for pots and pans and dry goods. The dish storage outboard is well designed with additional cupboard above and the built in microwave. The stove is gimbaled with a safety bar. The well insulated ice box has 12v refrigeration with ample cold plates in the freezer with and in the refrigerator. The stainless steel counter offers lots of counter space and it is unique and beautiful. Best of all the pantry has roll out shelves that make it really easy to organize provisions.
- Large refrigerator box (4 cu ft) with separate freezer (2.5 cu ft)
- Frigoboat 12v keel cooled refrigeration system
- Separate freezer
- Force 10 propane stove with three burners with oven new in 2018
- Pan storage under stove
- Double deep stainless steel sink with storage under
- Pressure hot/cold water with mixing faucet
- Seaward S600 six gallon hot water heater new in 2019
- Seagull fresh water filter system
- Fresh water manual foot pump
- Cherry cabinetry outboard with cupboards and with dish storage
- Deep dry goods storage outboard of the sinks with custom shelves
- Under sink storage
- Three deep drawers inboard of the sink
- Roll out trash bin
- Famous Valiant cook-pleasing pantry behind the nav station adjacent the galley sink has three roll out drawers for food storage
- Dining table with centerline liquor storage compartment and folds out to seat six
- Propane system with solenoid and pressure gauge in port aft propane locker vented, space for second tank on starboard side,
- Fan to cool the cookie as well as overhead hatch and opening port
- 120 gallons of fresh water plus the hot water heater (316L Stainless Steel)
- Deck fills for port and starboard tanks located under settees (tanks easily replaced if necessary, but it never is because they are not in the bilge)
- Seaward 6 gallon hot water heater new in 2019
- Little Wonder 12v watermaker
- The larger head has a vanity with sink and shower
- Vanity with large cabinets outboard
- Storage under sink in the head
- Shower with sump pump
- Sink and mirror in head
- Lavac toilet with 40 gallon holding tank
- Y Valve for direct overboard flush offshore or holding tank inshore
- Holding tank new in 2018 pump out offshore with manual Whale pump or shore side through deck fitting for dock pump out
Electronics & Navigation
The Valiant 42 gives you a beautiful forward facing navigation station that is a real comfortable sit-down ships office with chart table storage and large drawer. There is outboard storage as well as under seat storage and electrical panel outboard, a real ship's office.
- Upgraded to all Garmin Navigation
- Garmin Plotter displays at the nav station and in the cockpit nav pod
- AIS interfaced to Garmin displayed on the Garmin
- Raymarine C-70 Radar
- Icom VHF Radio
- Binnacle nav pod with Garmin plotter and sailing instruments (wind, speed and depth),
- Garmin hydraulic autopilot
- Compass Ritchie
- Windex at the masthead
- Air Conditioning Marine Air
- Electrical panel AC and DC distribution panels
- Tank gauge (Acoustic)
- Chart storage in nav desk
The engine room is a dedicated space with access under the companionway. One of the requirements for a blue water voyaging vessel is access to everything, and Valiant passes the test. The dedicated engine room provides the mechanical space for the engine and generator
- Westerbeke 44 HP diesel with about 2200 hours
- Cruises at 7 knots in fair conditions
- Instrument panel in the cockpit
- Dual racor 500 fuel filters
- Bronze Gracco sea water strainer
- New Balmar alternator is 100 amp
- 1 ¼ SS Shaft
- Dripless PSS shaft seal
- Folding three blade prop
- Remote oil filter for engine and generator
- Edson chain steering with emergency tiller
- Spares for the engine
- Assorted important tools go with the boat
Phaser 4kw diesel generator with only 241 hours
- Little Wonder 12v Watermaker
- Air Conditioning System - Marine Air system 16,000 BTUs
- Heater Craft heater that uses warmth from the engine to warm the boat
Comprehensive electrical system with 12v systems, 110v with shore power and with the genset 4kw diesel generator plus Solar panels installed on the new Valiant Arch and a Wind generator integrated with the arch..... Oh and the new batteries 2017! Bonus!!! And LED lights!!!
DC Electrical System
- Five Group 31 AGM batteries (New in 2017)
- Standard Westerbeke alternator
- Solar and Wind charging
DC Electrical Panel
- DC breaker with 28 positions available
- Numerous12V outlets
- Chart table light (hi/low, red/white),
- LED reading lights in bunk areas
- Cabin Dome lights mostly LED
- Florescent low/high lamps in galley
- LED reading lamps port and starboard in salon, V-berth and in aft cabin
- Engine room light
- Locker lights with door switches
- LED Navigation lights port and starboard at the bow and stern light
- LED Steaming light
- LED Tri-color/strobe on masthead
- LED Anchor light
- Under dodger red and white LED light
- Compass light
- Deck light midway up mast
- 12 volt electronics - Radar, plotter, VHF, Autopilot sailing instruments
- Bilge counter
- Oil change pump
- Deck/anchor wash down pump
- Electric bilge pumps (2)
- Pumps - fresh water pump, shower sump pump, anchor wash down pump
- Little Wonder Watermaker DC
AC Electrical System
- Shore Power connection - 50 amp to 110V shore receptacle
- Xantrex battery charger, automatic; powered from genset or shore power
- Shore power cords and adapters
- 110V outlets
- CruiseAir 16,000 BTU compressor system run by shore power or by generator
- Xantrex 1800 watt Inverter
- Phaser 4kw diesel generator with 241 hours
Rigging and Sail Inventory
The design of the Valiant 42 is the modernization of the Valiant 40 designed by Robert H. Perry. The Valiant 40 earned its reputation for safety and performance when, in the 80s, Francis Stokes placed second in the BOC around the world race under all the great capes. Mark Schrader aboard the Valiant 40 "Resourceful" became the first American to complete the nonstop round the world voyage single handed below all five southern capes! By the mid eighties the Valiant had proved to be a capable offshore voyager that could be sailed solo around the world. She was an ocean race boat!
The Valiant 42 sails even better than the Valiant 40 with added mast height and added sail area and ballast. She's a sail animal, but...even more important to all of us couples, is comfort, safety, and complete lack of drama. More couples choose to sail a Valiant than any other cruising boat for very good reasons. The true cutter rig, easily managed divided sail plan, powerful well placed winches, and safe cockpit with secure hard dodger are all elements all make it possible for a couple to cruise safely and feel secure sailing with just two people aboard. The boat is easily driven and sails delightfully in light winds; in heavy air, reef her down with a double reef in the main and the staysail and she'll track like a freight train with the autopilot guiding her effortlessly. She sails fast so you get there! She is weatherly and carries sail so you are not constantly reefing. She is robust and strong so you feel secure in the ocean.
- Tapered aluminum keel stepped spare painted white
- Mast height reported as 57' 1"
- Double spreaders
- Rod rigging with Navtech fittings
- True cutter rig with genoa, staysail and mainsail
- Schaefer roller furling on the headsail and staysail
- All control lines led to the cockpit with sheet bag organizers
- Mainsail sheet winch on the cabin house with line stoppers to provide for all applications
- Lewmar standard Valiant traveler forward of the dodger with midboom sheeting
- Schaefer 3100 Genoa furling system
- Schaefer 2100 furling system for staysail
- Jib car tracks inboard with staysail tracks on the cabin house
- Valiant custom vang/preventer system with Antal line stoppers
- Navtec insulated backstay for SSB
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Powerful Lewmar 40 sheet winches for genoa
- Downwind pole on mast track
- Spinnaker halyard
- Spare jib halyard
- Topping lift
- 44 ST Lewmar winch for the main mainsheet on cabin house
- Two 40 ST staysail sheet winches on cabin house
- Two 58 ST Lewmar primary sheet winches on the combing
- Two 40 ST Lewmar winches on mast port and starboard
- Antal line stoppers for optimal sail control
- Classic Bob Perry cutter rig sail plan total sail area 849 ft. I = 52.92 ft, J = 19.75 ft, P=48.33 ft, E=13.58 ft.
- All Super Sailmaker sails
- Full battened main sail 9.6 oz with 3 reefs, jiffy reefing in the cockpit)
- Dutchman system for the mainsail
- Genoa is 130% 8.6 ox furling headsail
- Furling Staysail
- Asymmetrical cruising spinnaker
- Storm Trys'l never used
- Sail cover
Hull, Deck, Cockpit & Ground Tackle
The Valiant is still and always considered to be one of the best boats you could possibly own. The Valiant is classic Bob Perry design with a high bow with a little flare and a long sleek shear ending with the classic rounded stern that is so buoyant and so safe in a seaway. The underbody is refined with a long modified fin type cruising keel and full skeg mounted rudder that gives the boat wonderful tracking ability and makes her easily steered by the autopilot. You will always feel safe with finger tip control. Valiant Yachts are hand laid solid glass hulls made in a female mold with a robust layup schedule described below in the construction section. The massive rub rail is a Valiant signature element and so useful and reassuring.
The deck layout and construction is one of the most important aspects of any sailboat. Valiant builds a robust, low maintenance vessel, and all the toughness shows. All of the deck hardware is the best quality, from the Hood stainless steel ports (12), to Lewmar Ocean hatches (6), to Lewmar winches and custom Valiant stainless steel work. Hood stainless steel ports with screens (12). The toe rail is aluminum giving you the ability to attach blocks as you need to. The toe rail is bedded with 5200 and through bolted to the hull deck flange. Stainless steel stanchions are bulwark mounted, the way you want them, and support 31 inches high with stainless steel coated double life lines.
The Valiant Yachts company has fully used its wonderful stainless steel fabrication capabilities to create the amazing Valiant bow sprit completely of stainless steel beautiful sculpted and welded. It is a piece of art. In addition to the bow sprit, Valiant also manufactures all the dorade guards and the hand rails. The beautiful stern rail of one inch stainless steel tubing is solid to the boarding gate! Stolen Moments has the signature Valiant hard dodger which is as useful as it is substantial! The rigid hard dodger is solid and gives great security in the cockpit with its hand rails on both sides and the cockpit side of solid stainless steel. It even has a standard lights, red and white, under the dodger. You feel very safe in a Valiant cockpit.
The Valiant cockpit is also comfortable with the pedestal mounted wheel steering and wide comfortable seating and cockpit combings. The cockpit is long enough to lie down. The combings are high and comfortable with a flat top so you can perch on them. The cockpit lockers port and starboard and aft lazarettes have deep gutters for drainage. Cockpit drains (four) are large to drain quickly. There is excellent access to the steering quadrant through the aft lazarette port and starboard.
- Classic Bob Perry design
- Solid hand laid fiberglass hull
- Long fin cruising keel and skeg mounted rudder
- New bottom paint in 2017
- Massive integral teak rub rail with stainless steel striker
- Slotted aluminum toe rail
- Topsides painted white with blue cove stripe and boot polished annually
- True cutter rig with two furling headsails
- Divided sail plan
- Valiant deck features -lots of stainless and no wood!
- Nonskid paint of pearl grey
- Lewmar hatches
- Hood stainless steel ports and w screens for all eleven opening ports with screens
- Two dorades w/ chrome cowls, fiberglass boxes and dorade guards on the foredeck
- Stainless steel handrails (no wood)
- Lewmar hardware
- Valiant preventer system
- Stainless steel 31 inch stanchions with double life lines
- Boarding gates port and starboard
- Swim ladder mounts on either port or starboard at boarding gate
- Safe ocean cockpit you can lay down in
- Valiant hard dodger with light grey panels removable for a breeze
- Valiant arch system for solar panels, integrated wind generator and antennas
- Propane lockers in aft lazarette space
- Edson pedestal steering with excellent access to the steering quadrant
- Oversized cockpit drains
- Outboard mount on stern rail
- Outboard engine lifting crane
- Bimini and connector panel
- Helm station pedestal cover
- Wheel is removable for more cockpit space
- Electronics at the helm
- Cockpit cushions
Dingy & Outboard: 2009
- Avon 10'4" RIB inflatable
- Yamaha 9.9 hp outboard
- Lifting crane and motor mount on the stern rail
- Dinghy anchor and chain
- Valiant fabricated bow roller system
- Double rollers with hass pipes
- Divided chain locker forward accessed from V berth
- Anchor wash down system
- Lighthouse 1501 windlass - electric up and down foot switches
- Exceptional ground tackle:
- Primary is Delta 55 lb anchor w/ 275' 5/16" GT chain,
- Secondary is 44 lb Bruce anchor with 150' 5/16" HT and rode
- Stern anchor system with Fortress FX33 with chain and rode with the anchor rode storage system
Additional and Safety Specifications & Items
- Little Wonder Water Maker
- Revere Offshore Life Raft in cradle on deck Repacked 2018
- EPIRB ACR Commander
- PFDs four inflatables
- Radar reflector
- Flares (current)
- Fire extinguishers three current, forward cabin, galley, and cockpit
- GFCI outlets three
- Emergency tiller Standard Valiant
- Electric bilge pump below decks with separate float switch
- Bilge pump counter system
- Manual bilge pump in the cockpit
- Redundant lights - Tricolor and deck level nav lights
- Bright LED lights
- No Discharge placard and Marpol placard
- Shaft line cutter
- Dock lines
- Power cords and adaptors
- Spares for Westerbeke and electrical spares
More about Valiant Construction
Valiant Yachts builds each Valiant by hand the way high quality boats are built.
The hull is hand laid of solid fiberglass in a female mold. The gelcoat is sprayed first into the mold and then the layup of the fiberglass completed. The layup schedule of fiberglass mat and woven roving is robust. The Valiant hull is the strongest hull imaginable as you will agree when you hold a cross section in your hands. Only Isophthalic resin is used on the premises. It is catalyzed in one-gallon increments and dyed red to ensure the proper wet out of the fiberglass. Valiant's massive rub rail is structurally part of the hull. The hull is reinforced the entire length of the rub rail with structural high density foam and it is molded with an indentation to accept the sacrificial teak rub rail with a stainless steel strake.
The deck is constructed in the same manner as the hull in a female mold. Structural foam is used in any high stress areas and end-grain balsa core is used elsewhere as its properties allow it to soak up the resins and adhere to the laminate fiberglass. The deck is solid glass in all the areas where deck hardware will be mounted. Valiant's semi-custom construction process allows you to select your hatch placement and the hatches are wonderfully constructed and installed using a hatch boss system. The hatches are perfect and where you want them.
After the hull is complete, the next stage is the construction and installation of the floor timbers, the latitudinal stringers. These stringers are constructed of structural foam laminated with fiberglass and glassed into place inside the hull. All the bulkheads are built into the boat using high quality marine plywood tabbed and fiber glassed into the hull sides and floor members. All the furniture is built into the boat and all the horizontal and vertical elements are fiber glassed to the hull sides creating a monolithic structure. This type of construction makes the boat very, very strong.
Hull Deck Joint
When the finished deck is lowered onto the hull all the furniture and bulkheads are then fiber glassed to the ceiling (deck). The Valiant hull to deck joint is through bolted glued with 3M5200. Then when the aluminum toe rail is installed, it is glued with 3M 5200 to the flange and then through bolted through the flange on four and half inch centers! This is serious construction and it is never coming apart.
Valiant Commitment to Building a Strong Boat
Every construction element is designed and executed with the established mission of building the strongest boat possible, a boat that can take what the ocean can dish out. The chain plates are stainless steel are through bolted with backing plates on the solid fiberglass structural knees. And you should know the quality of the stainless steel is as good as can be found! No compromise.
Valiant attention to detail is apparent in the installation of every component from plumbing to wiring to all mechanical and electrical equipment. Every sea cock is labeled as is every valve. Wire runs are orderly and finished with wire bundles properly tied. The construction is finished with attention and care. Nothing is left incomplete. The cabinets are finished inside so everything looks complete and proper. The hull is insulated above the waterline with closed cell foam to eliminate moisture from condensation and also to provide sound insulation. The engine room is well insulated with one inch Sound Stop lined foam.
Keel, Skeg, and Rudder Construction
The Keel is constructed of solid molded lead with ¾ inch, stainless steel J bolts. There are 17 of these massive 3/4 inch J bolts. A bolt pattern is made for each keel and used to ensure that each hole through the keel stub is drilled in the perfect position. The keel is bedded with 5200 and the 17 J bolts are secured with backing plates inside the boat. It is never coming off! The skeg is constructed of laminated fiberglass. It is through bedded in 3M 5200 and through bolted to the hull in the same way as the keel with 10 stainless steel bolts and backing plates. The rudder is constructed of a solid stainless steel rudder shaft with a steel rudder core which is then encased in structural foam laminated with fiberglass. The rudder has a cast bronze protective shoe
Hull Exterior Finish
The hull is in excellent condition. The Valiant hull top sides are finished with Imron polyurethane in blue with red, blue and gold boot stripes. Imron is used because it is easy to repair. The hull bottom is finished with epoxy barrier coat and marine anti fouling paint. Valiant has a ten year bottom warranty against osmosis. And you should also know that Valiants' blister issues were caused by flame retardants in resins used on the Valiants built at Uniflight before 1986. This old history has nothing to do with Valiants built in Texas!
The construction of the Valiant is bullet proof. Valiant craftsmen are incredibly proud of their product. The construction makes the Valiant is one of the very best blue water boats you could choose to own. This is why the Valiant remains the vessel that most couples choose for circumnavigation or long distanced passage making.
- Hand- laid solid fiberglass hull with extra layers at the keel and bow
- Robust layup schedule of fiberglass mat and woven roving
- Isophthalic resin catalyzed in one-gallon batches
- Massive structural rub rail - teak with stainless steel striker
- The deck cored with structural foam and fiberglass laminate
- Deck is solid glass where hardware is mounted
- Latitudinal stringers of structural foam laminate glassed in solid glassed in bulkheads
- Horizontal and vertical elements are fiber glassed to the hull sides and to the ceiling when the deck goes on
- Hull deck joint through bolted on four and half inch centers and glued with 3M5200.
- Chain plates through bolted with backing plates
- High quality stainless steel
- Hull insulated with closed cell engine room insulated with Sound Stop
- External lead keel
- 17 J bolts of 3/4 inch steel
- Skeg of laminated structural foam attached with J bolts as with the keel
- Backing plates on all structural elements
- Solid stainless steel rudder shaft steel rudder core
- Cast bronze protective rudder shoe
- Imron polyurethane topsides
- Epoxy barrier coat - factory applied
Snowflake is enroute to Annapolis and the pictures are of her, but not recent. These pictures are a little older...2012....Please do not assume she is total new as she looks in the pics, but know that you are looking at the layout above and below decks. I can say she has been polished every year and the upholstery is all new. We will have new pics as soon as possible.
By way of disclosure, Snowflake was scraped up a bit in Katrina in Texas and was returned to the factory for complete repair. She also had a glancing meet up with a buoy in about 2013 and was completely repaired, the receipt is available.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brewer Yacht Sales, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by David Walters Yachts.
Sailing a Valiant 42