2010 Custom AQUIDNECK COMPOSITES PT-11
THREE LITTLE BIRDS is a very high-performance cruising trimaran that offers generous volumes and amenities in the central hull. A unique and truly rare combination that is superbly executed in this beautiful yacht. Built from the same materials and technologies (carbon/epoxy) as a grand-prix racer, she is a quantum leap above even the best production trimaran offerings on the market today. The craftsmanship inside and out is outstanding and all materials and equipment are state-of-the-art. The yacht is maintained in truly Bristol condition and is in sailaway condition. An absolute gem.
Please consult the detailed spec and construction brief below.
This trimaran is currently on the hard in Rhode Island during the winter season and will be commissioned for spring 2019. Please contact us to arrange a showing.
ModelAQUIDNECK COMPOSITES PT-11
LocationNewport, RI, US
Vessel NameTHREE LITTLE BIRDS
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length36 ft - 10.97 meter
Beam:28 ft 2 in - 8.59 meter
Draft - max:-
Cruise Speed:10 MPH
Horsepower:25 (Individual), 25 (combined)
Max Speed:29 MPH
- Displacement — 2730kg - 6000lbs
- LOA — 12.7M - 41'8"
- LOD — 11M - 36'1"
- LWL — 10.7M - 35'1"
- B-Max — 8.6M - 28'2"
- Surface Area upwind main and jib — 78.25M^ - 842ft^
- Surface Area main and Screecher — 103M^ - 1107ft^
- Surface Area downwind with A-sail — 108.5M^ - 1868ft^
- Draft board up — 1.2M^- 4ft^
- Draft board down — 2.28M^ - 7'6"
- Air Draft — 16.8M^ - 55ft^
- Diesel capacity — 17 gallons (110 mile range @ 8.5 knots)
- Fresh water capacity — 55 gallons
- Septic capacity — 26 gallons
SYSTEMS & EQUIPMENT
- Sails by Quantum, Bristol, RI
- Full batten square top main
- Screecher and Jib on Harken furler, A-sail rigged with ATN snuffer
- Clear coated Carbon wing section rig by Hall Spars - standard
- Clear coated Rotating wing section Carbon rig by Hall Spars - optional
- Clear coated Carbon Park avenue boom and fast cover mainsail pack - optional
- Black anodized aluminum boom and sail cover - standard
- Deck gear by Harken and Spinlock
- Electronics – optional (owner preference)
- 21 HP Nanni diesel w/ twin disc sail drive
- Slip stream 2 blade folding propeller
- Pressurized fresh water
- 6 gallon hot water heater plumbed to heat exchanger on diesel
- Enclosed head with a La Vac toilet plumbed direct to 26 gallon gravity drain holding tank
- Enclosed shower
- Transom shower - optional
- 12v Engell cooler - standard
- 3.5 CU FT Reefer powered by Sea Frost BD air cooled 12v compressor w/ electronic controls and evaporator plates - optional
- 2 CU FT deep freeze powered by Sea Frost BD air cooled 12v compressor w/ electronic controls and evaporator plates - optional
- 1 x Mastervolt 12v/320AH lithium ion battery - optional
- 2 x Mastervolt thin line AGM 12v/130AH 12 AGM battery - optional
- 1 x Mastervolt thin line AGM 12v/130AH 12 AGM battery - standard
- 1 x 12v start battery
- LED nav lights
- LED & Halogen interior lighting
- 2 burner Propane stove top coupled to a composite tank and 12v electric solenoid
- Spectra 6gph water maker - optional
- Electric shower sump and bilge pump
- Semi-gloss linear polyurethane painted interior
- Laminated Cherry trim finished in rubbed effect polyurethane
- Sunbrella covered interior cushions x 8
- Lots of storage
- 4 deck hatches
- 6 opening ports
- Large sliding companionway hatch with a Teak ladder
- Composite ladder - optional
Conceived while sailing on another trimaran the Three Little Birds has all of the features we wanted but could not have on our “production tri”. Our brief was simple—We wanted a very livable interior, a diesel auxiliary to support cruising systems, high stability, lots of reserve power, lots of buoyancy in the amas, hi-quality lightweight construction, and of course speed!
Naval Architect David Walworth took our notes and created an amazing platform. Throughout the spacious interior there is 6’3” headroom including a full standup head with a shower, and an ample galley with a large reefer and a deep freeze. The interior also boasts a very comfortable stand-up nav station, 4 full sized non-convertible bunks, and an L shaped settee perfect for lounging with a good book.
Walworth met our speed and stability requirements by designing 200% wave piercing amas, and artfully curved akas. In consulting with AC on construction methods female molding was chosen as the only way to create these structures and maintain their fantastic shapes and necessary strengths. The vaka is quite large to accommodate the interior we wanted so the grand prix experience possessed by Aquidneck Custom came into play when it was decided to build the part from uni-directional fabrics and Nomex honey comb core.
On deck she is all business armed with Harken and Spin Lock deck gear, a rotating pre-preg Carbon rig by Hall, and Fusion sails by Quantum. The female molded Carbon dagger and rudder were built in house by AC. Three Little Birds is guided along by the NKE 40-90 cruising pack including a type 40 ram and gyro pilot interfaced with the Garmin GPS.
Finally not to be out done by the comfort below or fire power on deck lift up her skirt and you will find 320 amp hours of 12v Dc power supplied by a Mastervolt Li-ion battery. Charging and auxiliary propulsion are achieved with a 21HP Nanni diesel, Balmar 100 amp alternator, and ZF sail drive. Three Little Birds is as the owner loves to say "EFFEN FANTASTIC" and we could not be happier with her flights so far! Three Little Birds is Aquidneck Custom's first offering of the PT-11™ - a hi-performance 11 meter trimaran designed and built as a sport cruiser. For more information on Performance Multihulls and the PT-11™ nautical specs, visit www.performancemultihulls.com
This winter we have added a very unique anchor roller to the Birds. The anchor roller is set “normal” to the sheer near the bow. Being a multi hull anchoring always includes a bridle off of the ama. So the fair lead for the anchor rode is just what you see. It comes more or less perpendicular off of the boat. We also added carbon tracks for the bikini nets, and then a repaint of the whole bow area including some more refinement of the stem.
RECENT UPGRADES ~ 2016
- Beta Marine 25 HP engine w/ 120 amp alternator + sail drive
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.