1989 Caliber Cutter
- New Quantum Radar (overlay on plotter)
- Soda-blast, barrier coat and upgraded bottom paint
- New shaft, stuffing box and cutlass bearing
- New bronze thru-hulls
- New running rigging
- New auxiliary breaker panel
- New Raritan head pump
- New life lines, gates and custom oversized stanchions
- New VHF
LocationSolomons, MD, US
Vessel NameSalt & Light
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length38 ft - 11.58 meter
LOA:38 ft - 11.58 meter
Beam:12 ft 8 in - 3.86 meter
Draft - max:4 ft 9 in - 1.45 meter
Horsepower:55 (Individual), 55 (combined)
Fuel Tank:83 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:121 gallons - 1 tank(s)
The Caliber 38 offers an excellent layout for extended cruising.
Starting forward, the forward head in the bow features a stall shower, vanity and marine head. This head opens to the Owner's stateroom directly aft and provides absolute privacy.
The Owner's stateroom has a pullman bunk to port, sit down vanity and a double cedar locker. A large hatch and opening ports provide excellent ventilation.
The main salon features a bulkhead mounted table with storage behind, book shelf and wine rack. The L-shape port settee converts to a double bunk or serves as a pilot berth with lee cloth. And there is a facing single settee to starboard. There is plenty of storage and opening ports and an overhead hatch for ventilation.
To starboard of the companionway is the aft/day head with vanity, shower and marine head. Aft of the head is the guest cabin with a double bunk and cedar hanging locker.
The galley is to port of the companionway and is L-shaped. There is plenty of storage and it is a safe place to work.
Aft of galley is the char/navt table with electrical and instrument panels. Centerline companionway with access to the engine. Lovely Ultra-suede dark blue cushions, lovely teak joinery throughout offer a warm and inviting interior. Teak and holly cabin sole, stainless steel opening ports throughout and large hatches for excellent ventilation and light.
- Force 10 Propane Stove and Oven
- Sea Frost dual engine-driven and shore-power driven refrigeration; two independent systems. (Professionally serviced, zinc replaced in 2014)
- Double- insulated refrigerator/freezer combination
- Double Stainless Steel Sinks
- SeaGull Water Filter at galley sink, new filter 2015
- Custom bright see-thru companionway boards and louvered companionway screen panel in addition to traditional teak boards.
- Cockpit cocktail table with leaf extensions.
- Closed cell foam custom cockpit cushions
- Two Sport-A-Seat folding cushions.
- Streamlight 12V or battery 100,000 candela spotlight included.
- Pedestal with wheel steering
- Multiple cockpit lockers
Sails and Rigginh
Salt & Light has had a mast and rigging inspection and rigging re-fit in 2018.
- Isomat Mast is single spreader and was pulled, surveyed and re-wired in 2014. There is new marine grade wiring in conduits, New Aqua Signal LED masthead Tri-color and Anchor light and New Forespar Steaming and Foredeck Light.
- All new standing rigging in 2014 - forestay, aftstays, removable inner-forestay with highfield lever, shrouds and running backstays
- Replaced running rigging in 2019 - main halyard, genoa halyard 1&2, spinnaker halyard, staysail halyard, vang line, running backstays, main sheet, furling line and flag halyard
- Mainsail reconditioned by Sail Care in 2015 - has New All Slip slides and slugs
- Genoa serviced by Quantum 2019 - new sacrificial in 2012
- Stay sail - Sobstad Hank on in very good condition
- Asym Spinnaker - serviced by Quantum 2019
- Whisker pole mast mounted- reconditioned 2015
- She has an inner stay for a cutter rig
Deck and Hull
- Maxwell vertical electric windlass with foot control
- Teak and Stainless Steel Anchor Pulpit and anchor rollers
- 55# Delta anchor with chain and rode
- Fortress FX-37 anchor with chain and rode
- Raw water wash down
- California Style Dodger with zip out side windows in Navy Sunbrella - 2014
- Through bolted Dodger Handrails
- Bimini and Connector Panel with Window in Navy Sunbrella - 2014
- Zip on Bimini Sunshades rear and one usable on either side
- Helm Cover in Navy Sunbrella
- Atkins & Hoyle 1900 Davit System with stabilizer bar - 2015
- Full Winter Cover - 3 Piece Over Boom and Over Toe Rail Style - 2012 (like new)
- Custom made heavier stanchions 2019
- New double life lines 2019
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpit
- Dock lines
- Life jackets
- Cowl vents with stainless steel gards
Salt & Light has a new suite of electronics in 2014 All done by Zimmerman Marine!
- Raymarine E97 Multi-Function Display with Wifi and Bluetooth for wireless iPad and Smart Phone access anywhere on board!
- Raymarine series 70 (2) Speed and Depth Instruments with thru-hull transducers - custom mount over companionway
- Raymarine series 70 Wind Speed/ Wind Indicator with new masthead sensor - custom mount over companionway
- Raymarine RS130 GPS Sensor
- Icom SSB with Pactor Modem
- Standard Horizon VHF with remote mic and back-up radio in cockpit (new)
- Helm Station Navpod mount on new stainless steel rail
- Raymarine Evolution Autopilot EV200 - Includes EV1 sensor core, ACU200 Control unit, P70 control head (Pod mounted at Helm), Type 1 linear drive ram
- Raymarine CP100 Downvision Sonar with transducer (yes, a sailboat with a FISHFINDER!)
- Mast-mounted radar Quantum 2018
Ffull 12V and 110V systems.
- (4) Trojan T-105 lead-acid deep cycle batteries rated at 225 amp-hours - March 2014
- (1) Marine Deep-Cycle engine starting battery - 2013
- Shore Power Cord
- Upgraded Marine 90 amp Alternator
- Heart Freedom 10 Charger/Inverter
- Controller: Xantrex Basic Remote Panel -2014
- Victron Battery Monitor - 2015
- Balmar Regulator - 2015
- Yanmar 4JH4E, 55 HP 2500 hours, new in 2005
- Full Engine Instrumentation at Helm
- Single lever stainless throttle. transmission control
- Aft Fuel Tank inspected and re-sealed 2014 (clean, no sludge), Forward tank, aluminum new 2002, Dual tank manifold installed 2002 - 83 gal diesel capacity
- Stainless Steel Fresh Water Tanks new 2002 (Aft, 37 gal, Forward, 84 gal - 121 total)
- Edson steering
- Racor filter
- Maxprop Feathering Prop
- New Packing Gland seal 2018
- Electric and Manual Bilge Pumps
- Espar Diesel Heater
- CruisAir Hatch Air Conditioner
- Spare filters, parts, maintenance items included
- Viking 6 - person Life Raft in deck - mounted container, ISO 9650 Type I certified with Offshore E Equipment Pack, New 2014 (needs to be re-certified)
- ACR GlobalFix PRO 406 MHz GPS EPIRB, New 2014
- Horseshoe throwable life ring
- life jackets
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.