2005 Hinckley Sou'wester 42 MKII Sloop
CIRO is one of the last Sou'wester 42 Mark 2's built and still lightly used and still with original owner. She is in fantastic shape and owner is anxious to sell. Great buy at well under replacement cost.
ModelSou'wester 42 MKII Sloop
LocationOxford, MD, US
Designer:McCurdy & Rhodes
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length42 ft - 12.8 meter
LOA:42 ft 9 in - 13.03 meter
Beam:12 ft 6 in - 3.81 meter
Draft - max:9 ft 2 in - 2.8 meter
Cruise Speed:7 MPH
Horsepower:50 (Individual), 50 (combined)
Max Speed:9 MPH
Fuel Tank:45 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:127 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Holding Tank:22 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Topsides: Cloud White Awlgrip
- House & Deck: Polar White gelcoat with Camel brown molded-in nonskid
- Bottom: Red (2018 -Paint removed, barrier coated and 2 coats new paint)
- Bootstripe: Majestic Blue with white stripe between red bottom and bootstripe
- Cove: Gold leaf
- Exterior trim: Varnished teak
DualGuard™ hull construction, a SCRIMPed composite of Kevlar/E-glass and carbon fiber to yield a vacuum infused hull of incredible strength, stiffness, and impact resistance.
- Hull: Infusion molded, balsa core sandwich construction with vinylester resin and Kevlar/E-glass outer skin and carbon inner skin.
- Deck: Infusion molded, Gelcoat finished balsa core sandwich construction with vinylester resin and Kevlar/E-glass.
- Core is removed and hull is reinforced with additional layers of fiberglass in stress areas.
- Hull to deck joint - overlapping, structurally bonded and through-bolted
- Hull structure: Pre-laminated, incorporating mast and engine bed.
- 9,000 lb. molded lead keel is secured to the hull with 1" stainless steel bolts.
- Centerboard is fiberglass.
- Spade rudder with carbon fiber post
- Marelon ball-valve type seacocks are flush with the hull.
- Stainless steel capped rub rail at sheer.
- Varnished teak toe rails and trim
- Double dorade box with 4" vents with interiors painted to match the topside
- Two smoked plexiglass double-hinged hatches with screens
- Flush aft lazarette hatch
- Stainless steel stemhead with integral chocks
- Hinckley stainless steel bow roller
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits - with green/red nav bow nav lights
- Stainless steel stern pulpit - with mounted folding stainless steel boarding/swim ladder with teak treads
- Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and P & S gates
- Teak chain protector on foredeck
- Custom stainless steel Hinckley chocks at stern
- Spinnaker pole storage mounts
- Saltwater Jabsco bow deck wash
The aft T-shaped teak rimmed cockpit coaming is wider adjacent to the wheel for comfortable outboard seating for the helmsman. The water-sealed opening cockpit seats have molded nonskid. The sail and equipment locker to port has a light and a line rack.
- The cockpit has a teak sole and the companionway forward has a transparent smoke plexiglass companionway hatch with 2 screens.
Pedestal wheel steering has a 48" stainless steel destroyer type wheel with a (new 2018) elkhide covered rim, engine control and a stainless steel housed 6" binnacle compass and binnacle guard.
- A complete range of engine instruments and switches are recessed in locations handy to the helmsman.
- There are four stainless steel trimmed winch pockets in the coaming.
- Sailing instruments are above the companionway in a varnished teak-faced instrument pod.
- Cockpit table: Pedestal mounted varnished teak fold-down cockpit table and 3-mug holder.
- Recessed teak helmstep - folds out of the way when not in use.
- (2) Folding padeyes in the cockpit.
- Watertight cigarette-style 12V outlet is mounted in the pedestal pod.
- Cockpit Dodger (new 2017) - Sunbrella Natural with zipper and windows including zipper front window. There is an aft stainless steel grab rail covered in (new 2018) elkhide and also two custom stainless steel handrails port and stbd on top
- Bimini (new 2017) - Sunbrella Natural on folding stainless steel bows- zips to dodger with connector
- Cockpit Cushions - White naugahyde with navy piping
- Boom light with dimmer enables extra light in the cockpit
- Red step light at cockpit companionway entrance
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve in lazarette with spigot on deck.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine E120 chartplotter/radar with mast mounted 4kw Radome - nav station
- Raystar 120 GPS/WAAS receiver - stern pulpit
- Robertson HDL2000 Autopilot w/remote and AP22 control head recessed in cockpit
- Raytheon ST60 System: Wind, Speed, Depth - multi-display at nav station + Maxi multi-displays cockpit
- Icom M-602 DSC VHF Radio
- Nomad AIS
- PowerMax DA 4000SBR Cell Phone ower amplifier with wireless cell repeater with masthead antenna
- Iridium Go satellite phone with external antenna
- Laptop computer nav station provision - with 110V power outlet and connection to cell and satellite phone e-mail.
- Alpine AM/FM/CD/DVD MP3 player
- Alpine MRV F340 Amplifier
- Alpine 6-CD changer
- Samsung 17" TV monitor - and portable antenna
- Speakers: (1) Pair of MB Quartz speakers-salon, (1) Pair of waterproof speakers - cockpit
CIRO has a Dinette arrangement that sleeps up to seven in two cabins with a total three separate sleeping areas. Finished in satin varnished cherry including cherry louvered locker fronts, she also has white formica overhead and varnished teak and holly sole throughout.
- Curtains in all cabins have cherry curtain valances.
- All hanging lockers are cedar-lined and have dome lights that activate when the door is opened.
- Multiple recessed halogen dome lights are on dimmers and reading lights are Cantalupi Patty.
The Interior is air-conditioned by 16,000 BTU self-contained unit that runs from shore power and generator. Extra light and ventilation is also enables by double-hinged opening overhead translucent hatches with screens, companionway hatch and two dorade ventilators with cherry closures. There are also five Hella fans throughout.
Forward access to the partitioned rope/chain forepeak storage area is through cherry door.
Forward is the V-berth with large storage area under. The cushions are finished in Editions E900-27 Yacht Club fabric with E900-07 Ground Cloth Canvas piping. Sliding door locker storage is fitted outboard above port and starboard. There is a 3-drawer bureau to port and additional locker storage over. A full-length hanging locker and all additional storage locker are to starboard.
This cabin has a separate entrance to the head and another door that separates the main cabin. There is a large double-opening translucent hatch overhead that provides plenty of natural ventilation and 2 Hella 12V fans.
Next aft to port, the Head has a Bone Corian countertop with a Bone Corian sink, separate telephone style shower with Scanvik recessed mixer valve, hot & cold pressure water, and a Vacuflush marine toilet plumbed to holding tank. There is a mirror over the sink and a custom Hinckley stainless steel handrail/towel rack.
Two separate doors from the head lead to the forward cabin and the main salon.
This cabin is fiberglass molded with radiused corners up to the countertops and is easily cleaned. Above the countertops are varnished cherry bulkheads. Storage areas have louvered doors. There is an opening port.
Amidships, this full-width cabin has a U-shaped Dinette to port with pullout berth and insert to form a double berth. A folding cherry dining table has liquor storage in the base.
Starboard is a curved settee/transom berth with an alcove and fore/aft storage lockers over outboard. There is storage behind the settee. Forward of the settee is a 3-drawer bureau with locker over outboard, then a hanging locker which is opposite the head.
The cushions are finished in Editions E900-07 Ground Cloth Canvas with E900-27 Yacht Club piping.
Port and starboard main cabin hull ports and a large hatch over the main salon and aft companionway hatch offer plenty of added light and ventilation. There is a stainless steel centerline pole handrail and two teak handrails port & starboard at the companionway center aft. Half-bulkheads with integral handholds separate the Salon from the Galley and the Nav Station.
Next aft to port, the Galley is separated from the main salon by a 5/8's bulkhead. The U-shaped galley with a Bone Corian countertop and stainless steel double sink is forward with single lever Grohe fixture and sprayer, hot & cold pressure water, fresh water hand pump, and a cutting board that fits the sink. Outboard is the gimballed 3-burner SS Force 10 stove with oven & broiler in a stainless steel enclosure, and trap storage forward with a custom countertop built-in knife rack. On the aft bulkhead is the Grunert DC-50 saltwater cooled separate refrigeration/freezer box system entered through traps in the countertop allowing for plenty of counter workspace. A GE microwave oven is over in an aft galley locker. This area has a 110V outlet, and 12V Hella fan, Wood louvered sliding door lockers, bin, shelf and drawer storage areas are available for foodstores and galleyware. There is a pull-out trash bin and a built-in dustpan in the cabin sole.
Starboard opposite the galley and aft of the main salon settee is the forward-facing Nav Station separated by a partial bulkhead from the main salon. There is an opening nav table for storage of charts, three drawers under for additional storage, as well as an opening nav seat that is cushioned and finished to match the salon cushion fabric. An integral built-in matching varnished handrail is inboard on the nav desk.
Electronics, electrical panel, gauges and 12 volt & 110V outlets are built into varnished cherry-faced cabinetry caddy corner and outboard of the nav desk. Flex chart light, watertight cigarette-style 12-volt outlet and a USB double cord charging outlet.
Starboard aft, the sleeping area aft of the Nav Station has a single quarterberth with cushion finished to match the forward cabin cushions. Cherry sheathing lines this area outboard and there is a storage shelf and a locker over outboard. A port opens to the cockpit well with screen and there is a 12V Hella fan and a reading light. There are hooks for foul weather gear. A locker aft inboard houses the hot water tank.
On center is the Companionway to the cockpit with port and starboard handrails and a nearby handy binocular/VHF holder box. There is a red steplight at the companionway. The companionway hatch is smoke plexiglass with two screen inserts in place of the companionway boards.
SAILS and RIGGING
Carbon fiber mast and boom with double aluminum spreaders. Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging to forged stainless steel chain plates with forged stainless turnbuckles & toggles. Rigging re-headed 2018 (uppers replaced by Sail Services)
- Carbon boom set up for full-batten mainsail with Antal track on mast for Antl Battcar system.
- Harken II headstay
- Navtec hydraulic backstay and vang with remote panel in cockpit
- Spinnaker halyard and winch, sheets and blocks on deck
- Halyard reefing winches on deck
- Main, jib and spinnaker halyards - new 2016
- Jib sheets - new 2016
- Folding step on mast
- Genoa tracks with blocks
- Flag and burgee halyards
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole - with storage chocks on deck
- Lazy Jacks on mast and boom for sail handling
- Harken housetop traveler
WINCHES: All Lewmar
- #58 CCST electric primary winches
- #50 CCST electric secondary winches
- #44 CCST main sheet winch - cockpit
- #44 CCST centerboard winch - cockpit
- #44 CCST main halyard winch - deck
- #44 CCST jib halyard winch - deck
- #44 CCST spinnaker halyard - deck
- #30 CCST reefing winch - deck
- New main - 3DL - 2016
- New genoa -3DL - 2016
- Main - Full batten
- 135% #2 Genoa
12-volt DC electrical system
- Heavy duty, large capacity system provides ships electrical power with 380-amp/hr capacity for lighting and 600 cold cranking amps for starting.
- (4) New 6-volt house batteries (2018)
- A dual output 100 amp alternator is mounted on the main engine with a multi-stage regulator.
- There is emergency starting.
- Prosine 2.0 pure sine wave with Link 10 battery monitor
- Four 110V outlets
- 50ft 30-amp cord with inlet
Modified 12V/110V circuit breaker panel.
Generator: Panda 4-kw 4200 Mini Plus generator - mounted in sail locker
All circuits are circuit breaker protected at the nav station panel that is equipped with both voltmeter and ammeter· Master switches are provided for starting and lighting circuits· All circuits, major mechanical components and rigging are grounded with heavy copper strapping.
2005 Yanmar 4JH2E FWC 50-hp diesel engine with with 2:1 reduction gear, Aquamet 22 stainless steel shaft and 3-blade 2018 Gori folding prop.
There are Racor fuel filters, oil transfer pump, engine alarm oil/overheat, tachometer, temperature and oil pressure.
- 16,000 BTU air conditioner - self-contained, runs off shore power and generator
- Emergency tiller steering
- Propane sniffer
- High water bilge alarm
- (2) 12V DC automatic electric bilge pump
- (1) Manual bilge pump - salon sole @ dustbin
- Jabsco 6900 saltwater deckwash pump
- 12-gallon stainless steel, engine heated, 120V AC element hot water tank
- Fuel: 45-gallon aluminum tank
- Water: 127 gallons total in two stainless steel tanks
- Holding tank - aluminum with 12V discharge
- Sump: Fiberglass tank with 12VDC pump discharge
Engine space has acoustical insulation and an engine room blower.
- Muir low-profile VR1200 windlass with remote in cockpit
- CQR 45# anchor and spade 45#
- 100' x 5/16" HT chain + 120' x 9/16" nylon rode - primary
- 52' x 5/16" HT chain + 176 'x 9/16" nylon rode - secondary
- Life jackets
- EPIRB - 406 GPIRB Cat I self-deploying (McMurdo new 2017) - on stern pulpit
- MOM 8
- Two White Horseshoe Liferings w/brackets
- Winslow 6-person Liferaft
- Emergency tiller
- Fire extinguishers
- Outboard motor bracket mounted on stem pulpit
- Mercury 4.5 hp 2-stroke outboard engine and Torqeedo 1003 electric outboard
- West Marine Inflatable dinghy
- Dorade vent closures
- Natural Sunbrella brightwork covers for hatches, dorades, handrails and cockpit table
- Toast Sunbrella cabin sole cover
- Throw pillows
- Fitted sheets
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brewer Yacht Sales, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Southwest Harbor - Hinckley Yacht Brokerage.