2007 Hinckley Talaria 38R
"WOODY" (name reserved) is a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire a very special one off version of a Hinckley Classic. The 38 Runabout was a first for Hinckley to create the perfect truly innovative convertible "Day Boat" to evolve the style of the 29R in functionality with the size and power to match their iconic Talarias.
WOODY is unique in it was built by a discerning Hinckley aficionado who painstakingly covered all the details down to the teak clad cabintop and power convertible top. The implementation of a centerline mast behind the cockpit affords safety at night with the addition of radar and navigation lights as well as a great place to mount antennas. This Ward Setzer designed yacht is truly in a class of her own with the ability of pressing a button and watching the top disappear into a storage area behind the cockpit. When the weather turns, it is easy to raise the top and continue the journey with excellent visibility. Please review the specifications below to see how special "Woody" is.
She is also the most unique of her kind in that she is a special silver which was matched to a Riva color which the owner discovered in Italy at the Riva factory during her build. She has been maintained by a Captain and The Hinckley Company to the highest standards. Now available for the first time, "Woody" will be sure to turn heads in every port of call.
Brewer Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Hinckley Yacht Brokerage.(7578705)
LocationPortsmouth, RI, US
Boat TypeJet Boat
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length38 ft - 11.58 meter
LOA:38 ft - 11.58 meter
Beam:11 ft - 3.35 meter
Draft - max:2 ft 3 in - 0.69 meter
Model:D-6 comon rail diesel
Cruise Speed:35 MPH
Horsepower:435 (Individual), 870 (combined)
Max Speed:38 MPH
Fuel Tank:320 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:56 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Holding Tank:35 gallons - 1 tank(s)
WOODY (Name Reserved) is a stunning example of the Hinckley Talaria 38 Runabout. She features a few options not found on her sisterships. The implementation of a centerline mast behind the cockpit affords safety at night with the addition of radar and navigation lights as well as a great place to mount antennas. Another unique feature to this 38R is the teak decking applied to the cabintop area. This makes for a true head turning experience when "Woody" graces a harbor.
This Ward Setzer designed yacht is truly in a class of her own with the ability of pressing a button and watching the top disappear into a storage area behind the cockpit. When the weather turns, it is easy to raise the top and continue the journey with excellent visibility. Please review the specifications below to see how special "Woody" is.
Woody is Captain maintained during the summer and Hinckley maintained in heated indoor storage during the winter months.
- Recent Silver Metallic Awlgrip topsides
- Polar White Awlgrip deck with Whisper Grey Awlgrip nonskid
- Double Dark Grey Awlgrip boot stripe
- Black bottom.
- Hull is DualGuard™ Composite construction Kevlar® E-glass skin with balsa and Corecell® core carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMP® with vinylester resin
- Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and Corecell® core, SCRIMP® molded with vinylester resin
- Deck has a molded-in nonskid pattern
- Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail
- Marelon® ball-valve seacocks
- Swim Platform - Hinckley designed heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak decking, stainless steel mounting brackets and half round rubrail. Telescoping, stainless steel, 3-step folding swim ladder stores under swim platform.
- Self-draining forward anchor locker with flush hatch and electric windlass.
- Tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile.
- Custom 316L stainless steel Hinckley bow chocks.
- (2) 10" bow cleats, (2) 10" stern cleats, (4) 8" spring cleats amidship, all pop up316L stainless steel.
- Stainless steel half-round rubrail on solid molded fiberglass.
- Single low profile polish stainless steel hatch with Ocean Air Sky Screen on trunk cabin.
- Custom teak decking on cabin top and convertible top bin
This runabout has a forward cabin with sliding molded door accessed from companionway between the helm and navigator dash area. Aft of helm wrapping around port and starboard are triple settees with a double settee facing forward. Forward facing settee has removable cushions for port or starboard boarding steps. Aft of main cockpit is hydraulically deployed and retraced convertible top, which covers the majority of cockpit seating area Aft of convertible top storage is a double size sun pad. White courtesy lights located in cockpit footwells on dimmer switch.
The Cockpit is finished with:
- Wrap-around 6-window curved windshield with tempered glass, teak trim and cap.
- Port and starboard forward windshield wipers with washers.
- Teak cockpit sole with oil finish - with direct overboard drain scuppers.
- Custom teak on forward cockpit bulkhead up to dash curve.
- Additional cup holders at helm and passenger seating, as well as sun pad.
- Cockpit shower with hot/cold mixing valve in stern area
Forward is the Helm Area with matching Navy Sunbrella and passenger Stidd seating with crown seat pedestals.
- Flush watertight cockpit sole hatch offers storage with fender rack beneath.
- (4) MB Quart NKA-116 marine speakers throughout the cockpit.
HELM STATION features:
- Varnished teak instrument pod and dash.
- 14" stainless steel steering wheel with varnished wood rim.
- Engine gauges and controls.
- 12-volt "cigarette style" outlet.
- Trim Tab controls and deflection gauges
- Helm Nav/Electronics Equipment:
- Dual Raymarine E120 12' Color Chartplotter.
- Raystar WAAS GPS antenna.
- Horizon PS 2000 VHF radio with RAM mic.
- ST 6002 Autopilot with Raymarine 53G core pacl interfaced to GPS.
- Sirius satellite radio.
MID COCKPIT and SUN PAD
Wrap-around triple-settee located just aft of helm area. Additional cupholders located at the forward end of starboard settee.
- Settee cushions are upholstered in Navy Sunbrella
- Varnished teak cockpit table with stainless steel pedestal and flush mounted base.
- Custom cockpit bar with molded in sink, hot and cold water and built in wine cooler.
- Hydraulically deployed convertible top in Top-Line Pepper fabric with Black underside and custom cockpit lights.
- Double-size sunpad, upholstered in Platinum Ultraleather with Shark Ultraleather piping.
- Additional custom drink holders at forward end of sunpad.
- Cream Stamoid weather cover.
Through the forward sliding companionway door is a cabin finished in satin-varnished cherry and varnished teak and tulipwood sole. Directly to port is Galley with Head located to starboard. Forward is V-Settee with varnished cherry table on hi-lo pedestal to adjust to cocktail and dining height. Acoustic foam headliner with cherry trim.
- Storage lockers across forepeak, outboard and below settee upholstery. Cedar lined hanging locker with access from starboard v-settee.
- V-Settee upholstered in Platinum Ultrasuede with Shark Ultrasuede piping.
- Raised panel varnished cherry lockers doors throughout cabin.
- Lightweight box drawers with raised panel cherry faces throughout cabin.
- Custom cherry trim on forward hatch sky screen.
- Stereo system with am/fm/cd/dvd player. Multi zone remote control. iPod connection in galley.
- (2) MB Quart DKE-116 speakers on the forward v-berth bulkhead.
- Flat screen mounted on forward facing bulkhead of cabin.
- Halogen lights on dimmer switch
GALLEY (to port):
- Galley countertops in Aruba Corian.
- Polished stainless steel single bowl sink with Grohe single lever faucet with hot/cold water and spray nozzle.
- Fully-insulated, self draining, top loading refrigerator box with 24-volt condensing unit.
- Single burner electric ceramic stove top flush mounted into countertop.
- Pull out trash container under companionway steps.
- 110 Volt .5 cubic foot, 600 watt microwave located above sink to port.
- 110-Volt outlet.
- Dry/Food storage available throughout.
HEAD (to starboard):
- Solid cherry paneled door.
- Head countertop in varnished cherry.
- Cherry framed mirror located on aft bulkhead above counter.
- Single polished stainless steel sink bowl with Grohe single lever sink faucet and shower fixture.
- 24-Volt SC VaccuFlush marine head with 35 gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge. Flush mount vent.
- Shower is molded Gelcoat with non-skid pattern.
- 110-Volt Outlet
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system includes zinc saver.
12-Volt DC Electrical System:
- Batteries total 420-amp/hrs:
- 9 Kw Northern Lights Generator- with 2183 hours September 2020
- (2) 24-Volt AGM Group 31 - 810 CCA start battery.
- (4) 24-Volt AGM Group 4D 420-amp/hr house battery.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch - Emergency start capable.
- (3) 80-Amp 24 VDC battery alternator. (2) alternators for house batteries and (1) for start.
- AC/DC Panel using thermal-magnetic breakers with volt and amp meters.
- Mastervolt Dakar Combi 3000 pure sine-wave inverter/charger with 65- amp 24-volt multi stage batter charging capability. 50A/125-250V power cord with power indicator light.
Twin Volvo D-6 435 HP fully electronically controlled common rail diesels with SeaKey Emergency Alert service.
- Hydraulic powered 7" bow thruster.
- Hinckley "JetStick®" steering control system is integrated with bow thruster.
Mechanical features include:
- Racor fuel filter/water separator.
- Gauges: Tachometer, engine hours, fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature.
- Alarms: Low engine oil pressure, hydraulic pressure, high water temperature.
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- Whale emergency bilge pump in cockpit locker.
- (3) 3700-gph, 24 volt electric bilge pumps with float switches.
- Baffled and insulated engine air intake.
- Engine box insulated in Mylar-faced acoustical foam with double gasketed compartment cover under sun pad.
- Varnished teak bow burgee staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak staff with flush socket
- Life jackets
- Hand-held flare kit
- Running lights
- (2) Fire extinguishers
- (4) Dock lines
- (2) Fenders
- Delta anchor with 25' stainless steel chain and 150' rode.
- Muir electric windlass with folding stainless steel roller and remote control.
WOODY is luxuriously outfitted Talaria 38 Runabout that is Captain maintained during the summer and maintained by Hinckley in heated indoor storage during the winter months. She also has a rare, well-designed mast for radar/navigation equipment and rare teak decking on her cabin top for a spectacular look up forward.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.