2012 MJM Yachts 36z Downeast
SEA GENIE/TACC is SPECTACULAR! Updated to the nines and showing like a new boat. Zero issues.
She was recently purchased and her new owners love boating on her so much they have decided to move up. However, they do not want to own two boats at once. She is seriously for sale, in the water in Stonington CT, easily seen and available immediately for your enjoyment.
Contact us for further details and to arrange a showing - you will find an exceptional vessel ready to go!
Brewer Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Stonington Yacht Sales.(7539501)
LocationStonington, CT, US
Vessel NameSEA GENIE/TACC
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length39 ft - 11.89 meter
LOA:39 ft 3 in - 11.96 meter
Beam:11 ft - 3.35 meter
Draft - max:2 ft 6 in - 0.76 meter
Bridge Clearance:9 ft - 2.74 meter
Dry Weight:13100 lbs
Horsepower:220 (Individual), 440 (combined)
Fuel Tank:200 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:98 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Manufacturer Provided Description
MJM's goal for all its models has been threefold:
(1) Create boats that can be easily operated by one person, meaning husband or wife, in the most demanding situations such as when docking or handling in rough seas.
(2) Be sure that the boat is as comfortable for 2-person cruising for its size as possible AND fun to use with friends (e.g. 2-3 other couples) on a daily, spur-of-the-moment basis to, for example, go out to dinner, go on a short sunset cruise, watch the local sailboat races, or to take the kids to a secluded beach or island. Boats that remain tied up to a dock except for 3-4 trips a year are not very practical unless they replace one's year-round home.
(3) Be easy to own, e.g. minimal maintenance, operating issues and few restraints when docking, mooring or shipping by truck between residences..
The 36z admirably fulfills all these goals: (1) Handling with a combination of a natural-response destroyer wheel in seas and it's IPS-like joystick control with twin engines at idling speeds around docks. (2) Welcoming for all ages with side-opening doors and single-level cockpit/ pilothouse that seats 12 comfortably on a good day, 6 in any-weather. (3) Ease of Ownership? We know of no other boat that combines the 36z benefits of: Having no exposed wood to maintain on deck; Sterndrives that bounce up, then back down, when striking an underwater object, which when raised are reachable from the swim platform to clear props without going swimming, which can be raised part way for shoal water navigation or all the way for mooring in 17" of water or beaching the boat; Having height dimensions to fit under all 21 bridges (under 9.5 feet) between Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale; Having height and width (12 feet or less) to be trucked without need of chase cars and alternate routing at the price of a 30 footer.
Most people looking at the MJM 36z are familiar with the vessel - after all, this design has been lauded internationally as one of the most intelligent designs, with the absolute highest quality construction (including a pre-ipregnated, vacuumed, autoclaved epoxy hull and deck). The manufacturers description provided in this listing will provide additional details, as will your research and reading of the reviews of these acclaimed boats.
If you have not been aboard, you will find these boats to be a unique blend of incredible quality and performance, along with ease of maintenance, and presenting a layout that suits the way most people use a boat of this type. The cockpit living is fantastically spacious, the visibility is exceptional, and the ability to open the boat up to the world around it creates an ambience that put you and your guests at one with the world around you.
The access through the side doors, the single level decks from cockpit to companionway, the excellent seating, the comfortable ride, and the joystick operation - all bring a new sense of calm to boating that encourages low stress and relaxation. But the performance and ride are exhilarating - and allow you to extend your boating reach, especially when conditions would be unpleasant on other vessels.
Her propulsion system is a pair of the highly reliable Volvo D3A 5 cylinder, 2.4 liter common rail diesels, linked top the very efficient Volvo Duoprop sterndrives. All controls and steering is electronic, and includes Joystick operation of the vessel. This makes her both ultra maneuverable and exceedingly "user friendly".
SEA GENIE/TACC represents one of the best of this class. She ha been lavished with attention and new equipment and, as a result, is very close to new condition. The new paint job, a common color choice on the latest MJM's coming out of the factory, completely updates the look of the boat - WOW!
SEA GENIE/TACC makes a strong impression - she looks great, shows impeccably (even in the hard to get areas), and does not need a thing - she is absolutely ready for her new owner to take the controls and start enjoying her from day one.
Please take a look at the details which make SEA GENIE/TACC an exceptional opportunity:
- Contrasting non-skid
- Ultra-leather upholstery in the salon
- Stainless bow-rail, spotlight, and burgee staff
- Muir VR850 electric windlass
- Deluxe trim package in the pilot house including, Stidd seats, Strataglass side curtains, teak-front drawers, Varnished teak wheel, Single leaf varnished teak table
- Teak decking in the pilothouse and in the cockpit (including the boarding steps).
- Privacy curtains
- Volvo Electronic Steering and Joystick controls
- Sidepower SE60S bow-thruster
- 110v 60 cycle shore power system with Xantrex Freedom SW3000 Inverter/Charger, 2 50' 30 amp cords, and 6 GFCI Outlets.
- 16k BTU Air conditioning/reverse cycle heating system with ducts to salon, head and the pilothouse.
- Northern Lights 5kw generator (has 400 hours)
- Clarion Stereo system, 400w amplifier, 2 Bose cube speakers in salon, 2 Clarion cockpit speakers
- Samsung 22" HD LED TV with Clarion DVD player
- Dual Stainless Steel trumpet horns.
- Deluxe Cherry Trim interior group - cherry battened hull siding, cherry bulkhead, cherry over-berth storage shelves, removable double leaf cherry table
- Cruising Galley Group - Seafrost 12v refrigeration/freezer system, Seagull water purifier/filter, Princess single burner ceramic cooktop, Panasonic stainless steel microwave, front opening refrigerator drawer
- SS sink in galley with hot and Cold pressure water
- 2 Hella Turbo fans
UPDATES SINCE 2017:
- Sterndrives removed and fully serviced at the factory
- Engines fully serviced.
- New Awlcraft hull paint - Light Sapphire Metallic on hull, Moonglow Silver metallic cove stripe and name on transom, White boot stripe.
- New Electronics (see below)
- Upgrade to factory electric opening windshield
- New Ultra-leather Stidd seat covers
- New Ultra-leather Cockpit seat cushions
- New Ultra-suede pilot house settee cushions.
- Teak decks in cockpit and pilothouse cleaned and reconditioned
- New Garmin 8616xsv 16" Chartplotter (2019), with integral GPS and Depth
- Includes optional Garmin 3G Vision Chart which provides 3D charting, shaded depth contours as well as Satellite view.
- New Garmin AIS 800 Transceiver (send and receive) (2019)
- New Garmin 24' FANTOM Radar scanner with active target tracking (2019)
- Two New Garmin depth transducers to provide full down view and side scan, with chirp technology (2019)
- New FLIR M232 thermal camera system (on fitted Seaview mount) (2019)
- Raymarine ST70 autopilot control
- Raymarine E12200 Smart Pilot X-can AP system
- Raymarine 218 VHF radio
- Volvo Electronic MyView engine display
- Volvo Electronic Joystick control
- Clarion Stereo, Bose Speakers, Clarion cockpit speakers
- Pilothouse aft drop curtains - 3 piece.
- Lenco Trim tabs
- Jabsco remote control spotlight
- Rule high bilge water alarm
- Cockpit deck shower
- Vaccuflush fresh-water toilet, 18 gallon holding tank, macerator pump
- H&C shower in head, with sump and sump pump
- Seafire Engine room fire suppression system
- Engine water intake factory retro-fit (moved intakes forward)
- 3 electric bilge pumps
- Filler panel and cushions to convert salon lounge to large berth.
- Port and Starboard cockpit doors.
- Teak flag staff and ensign
- Cockpit/swim platform H&C shower
- Bimini Frame is available.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.